It has been a cookie kind of week:
- Numerous pantry staples—including soy sauce, peanut butter, and bourbon—ran out at the same time.
- Realized my wall calendar is still turned to January; I have not mustered the energy necessary to change it.
- Dumped almond milk all over my laptop.
- Ran the drip coffee maker without the pot. I just forgot to put it under the machine. Twice. Hot mess.
- It snowed 5 inches, when clearly it should be spring—or I should be in Mexico.
- Impulse bought a swim suit at Target, tried it on at home, then promptly returned it. What made me think baby pink was a good idea?
- Ben has changed his permanent address to the library. I forwarded his mail and am in the process of seeking a replacement husband.
Friends, this week has had such low points, I nearly wrote a country song. Then, I remembered that I my musical abilities are strictly limited to polite applause and my secret engagement to Josh Turner.
Since I can’t sing and Josh doesn’t know we are engaged, I abandoned my musical ambitions and remedied my sorrows via the oven with crispy, chewy Pretzel, Peanut Butter, and Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Crispy at the edges, yet soft and chewy in the center, Pretzel, Peanut Butter, and Chocolate Chip Cookies are everything you are seeking in your ideal cookie texture. The cookie base is loaded with buttery brown sugar flavor, and our mix-ins—pretzels, peanut butter chips, and semi-sweet chocolate chips—are a conglomeration of salty-sweet addition.
Chunky pretzels employ the saltiness and crunchiness of life in our favor. Melty peanut butter and chocolate chips celebrate the sweetness life has to offer. Together, this salty-sweet tango is a formula for interconnected flavor, finger-licking, and cookie comfort.
No matter what kind of week you are having, Pretzel, Peanut Butter, and Chocolate Chip Cookies will boost it on the happy scale. I baked Pretzel, Peanut Butter, and Chocolate Chip Cookies because I needed the particular brand of cheer best attained via the warm combination of butter and sugar. I will continue to bake them because they are golden, crispy-chewy, salty-sweet serenity.
By my third Pretzel, Peanut Butter, and Chocolate Chip Cookie, I found myself grasping a philosophical appreciation for the saltier parts of my week. After all, it is the less joyful moments that keep life’s pleasures all the sweeter. I found mine:
- Rocking out to “Call Me Maybe” on my iPod–while jogging on a treadmill at the gym.
- Participating in Adult Trivia at a neighborhood bar…and winning.
- Realizing that it probably would never work out with Josh Turner anyway; all that touring would be exhausting.
- Fresh, clean, straight-out-of-the-dryer bath towels.
- Proudly workin’ my awkward dance moves at “Law Prom 2013.”
- Devouring Pretzel, Peanut Butter, and Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Life will always be salty-sweet. Embrace the beautiful dichotomy with Pretzel, Peanut Butter, and Chocolate Chip Cookies.