- Grocery store lines prickle my skin.
- Red lights make me antsy.
- Peeking at Christmas presents? Guilty!
In general, I detest waiting, unless it’s worth it. Really worth it.
Perfectly CARAMELIZED ONIONS are worth it.
Caramelizing onions transforms them from pale, pungent slices into sweet, rich ribbons of velvet. It is a process that takes at least a half hour, more if you truly take advantage of the onions’ potential. The flavor, versatility, and depth you receive in return for perfectly CARAMELIZED ONIONS, however, is worth every fragrant minute.
Because the cook time is largely unattended, caramelizing onions is a task you can literally shift to the back burner. Another time-saving option is to prepare them in advance, then store in the fridge until ready for use.
CARAMELIZED ONIONS are exquisite, versatile, and shockingly simple to prepare. Here are some of my favorite ways to enjoy them:
The Law Student’s Wife’s yummy uses forperfectly CARAMELIZED ONIONS
- Top pizzas and flatbreads
- This Caramelized Onion, Goat Cheese, and Spinach Flatbread makes me drool
- Thicken sauces and soups
- Add to quiche
- Caramelized onions, turkey bacon, and spinach make a stellar combo in this Man Quiche
- Fold into bread dough
- Incorporate a healthy portion into this heavenly Rosemary Olive Oil Bread. Keep the rosemary or let the caramelized onions shine on their own
- Top rolls and baguettes prior to baking
- Serve as an easy side dish
Perfectly Caramelized Onions